Hi, I’m Hayley. I thought I would take a couple of minutes to introduce myself, as I am new to the Trafford YFC team!
A bit about me…
I am originally from Leicester (“me duck!”) and for the last eight years, worked as a full time youth worker for the charity Reality Youth Project. I moved to Manchester in April 2014 after getting married to Joe.
Why youth work…
Youth Work is my passion. I really believe that God gives us the desires of our hearts and youth work or simply young people are something that He has put on mine! Moving to Manchester was a massive change and I had no idea what I was going to do for a job. After months of unsuccessfully searching for a job, I had resigned myself to being a full time house-wife! However, God had other ideas, and I couldn’t be happier! I am so excited to get stuck in to the life of TYFC and am looking forward to seeing what God has in store!
Random facts at a glance…
– My family and friends call me ‘Halla’.
– I am petrified of balloons and ‘flappies’ (all things that flap e.g. birds, moths, butterflies).
– My favourite colour is Pink.
– I am a natural blonde – many comments I say may reflect this.
– I have a bear which I have had since birth which still sleeps on my bed.
– My ultimate aim in life is to know God and make God known.
– Music is my passion, although I cannot read it.
– I can make a very convincing pigeon noise with my throat.